Closing:Closing in 2 hours
APA own and operate Australia’s largest gas network with over 1800 people across almost 70 sites
throughout mainland, regional and remote Australia. APA also own or have interests in gas storage facilities, gas-fired power stations, gas processing plants, wind farms and solar farms. We have a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for an Apprentice Electrical Technician to join our Operations and Maintenance Division in Dalby, in January 2021.
As an APA Apprentice you will:
- Develop skills & techniques to diagnose and rectify equipment faults in instrumentation and control systems
- Contribute to the safe, efficient delivery of preventative and corrective maintenance
- Learn how to diagnose, rectify operational problems and contribute to recommendations for improvement
- Assist with routine testing of Cathodic Protection levels on transmission pipelines
- Assist team members in workshop & workshop housekeeping
- Attend TAFE and complete the required coursework
- Learn the safe and correct operation of machinery and use of hand and power tools
- Conduct safe-work risk assessments.
To be eligible to apply for our Apprenticeship program, you will be:
- A year 12 school leaver or a mature aged applicant
- Able to listen carefully and follow directions
- Willing to work hard in a team environment
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Licenced to drive a motor vehicle
- Detailed focussed and thorough in your work
- A good communicator
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to learning and developing your skills
- Ready and keen to commit to building your career as a trade-qualified Electrical Technician
- Available to commence your career with APA in January 2021.
How to Apply
Sound like your type of role? Send us a copy of your resume and a cover letting explaining why you would like to start your career with APA, what interests you about a career as an Electrical Technician and any examples addressing the eligibility criteria.
All shortlisted applicants will need to make themselves available for a group site visit (COVID-restrictions permitting), in which you will gain real insight to what a career as an Electrical Technician looks like – this will help you decide if this career is right for you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.