Location:Mount Isa, QLD
Closing:Closing in 3 hours
- Permanent Full time
- ASX Top 50 Leading Energy Infrastructure Company
- Mount Isa based
APA is a leading Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) listed energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our interests in electricity transmission assets.
We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. APA has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for an Apprentice Mechanical Technician to join our Operations Division in Mount Isa, starting in February 2022.
You will be an integral part of the team, learning from our highly skilled tradespeople. This position will not only give you a nationally recognised trade qualification (Certificate III in Engineering Mechanical) but will also provide entry to a fantastic career in the energy industry.
Your apprenticeship will consist of 2-4 years of both formal classroom training and onsite work experience. After completion, there may be the opportunity for permanent employment and further development of your career with APA. Your TAFE fees will be covered by APA, and all equipment and PPE will be provided. You just need to bring your enthusiasm, willingness to learn and be part of a collaborative team.
The role will be based at our Mount Isa site, where they run the following power stations, Diamantina, Leichhardt, and Thomson.
As an APA Apprentice you will:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient daily maintenance of all equipment associated with Power Plants which for this position includes gas reciprocating and diesel engines, Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Waste Heat Boilers, and Water Treatment plant
- Attend TAFE and complete the required coursework
- Develop skills & techniques to diagnose and rectify equipment faults in instrumentation and control systems
- Contribute to the safe, efficient delivery of preventative and corrective maintenance
- Learn how to diagnose, rectify operational problems, and contribute to recommendations for improvement
- Assist team members in workshop & workshop housekeeping
- Learn the safe and correct operation of machinery and use of hand and power tools
- Conduct safe-work risk assessments
To be eligible to apply for our Apprenticeship program, you will be:
- A year 12 school leaver or a mature applicant
- Able to listen carefully and follow directions
- Willing to work hard in a team environment
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Able to climb stairs
- Licensed to drive a motor vehicle
- Detailed focused and thorough in your work
- A good communicator
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to learning and developing your skills
- Ready and keen to commit to building your career as a trade-qualified Mechanical Technician
- Available to commence your career with APA in February 2022
Sound like your kind of career? We would love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Role closes Friday 3 December 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing:
- Why you want to work at APA
- Your highest education level
- Why you want to be a Mechanical Technician
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers