Closing:Closing in 3 hours
Apprentice Technicians 2024
- Start your career with one of Australia’s largest truck retail automotive group
- Work on global brands – Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner and Fuso
- Fully funded training, toolkit supplied, great benefits and above award wages
Velocity Truck Centres (VTC) are part of the Velocity Vehicle Group, who own the largest number of Daimler Trucks dealerships worldwide. We sell and service heavy vehicles across Australia. Our employees are the heart and soul of our brand.
We are currently searching for enthusiastic individuals to join our VTC Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician Program commencing in December 2023 and January 2024!
You will have the opportunity to receive ongoing manufacturer and in-house training in addition to your formal TAFE training , in a modern workshop with diagnostic equipment and tooling. During your apprenticeship, you will be responsible for assisting qualified technicians in service and repair work on heavy vehicles while training, completing TAFE training and maintaining a safe and tidy work environment.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates to complete a 4-year apprenticeship and become qualified Heavy Vehicle Technicians
Your key experience and attributes:
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in the industry and commercial vehicles
- A willingness to learn and complete your training in a timely manner
- A positive attitude and a drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions
- Current Driver’s Licence is preferred but not essential
- Work experience in a mechanical environment is highly regarded
What you will receive in return:
- A nationally recognised qualification and Trade Certificate upon completion of your Apprenticeship
- A supportive working and learning environment
- On-the-job training (including manufacturer-specific training)
- Brand-new toolkit upon successful completion of your probation
- Ongoing training and development including in house and manufacturer training
- Long term employment with career development and progression
- Supplied and laundered uniforms and all PPE
- Modern workshops with diagnostic equipment
- A friendly team based working environment
- A generous workplace benefits scheme, including discounts on health insurance and banking services
Once you have submitted your application the recruitment process will consist of:
- Online testing
- Phone screening
- Pre employment documentation
Ready to apply?
Please submit your application via the link below and complete mandatory the pre-screening questions.
VTC Australia is part of the global brand VVG, which is headquartered in the United States. We have more than 950 employees spread across five states and provide a truly national support structure for our valued customers. The customer is at the centre of everything we do. We’re driven by our three key values – Speed, Value, and Trust.
We are seeking talented and enthusiastic people to continue our exciting journey, so join us now!
Velocity Truck Centres is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.