Closing:March 2, 2024
- Higher hourly rates (up to $30.86) with salary packaging
- Part Time Permanent work available – AM, PM, Weekdays, Weekends
- Opportunity for qualified & unqualified workers
About our facility
Located in beautiful Bateau Bay on the NSW Central Coast, Nareen Gardens, Bateau Bay is transitioning to Household Living – our innovative approach to care – which empowers our residents to live their day, their way, just as they would in any family home. Our Leisure and Wellness Team ensures that the community is thriving and doing things that are meaningful and enjoyable.
What you’ll be doing in this role
Our Uniting Household Model of care empowers our residential care teams with freedom to support our residents in ways that help them maintain a sense of meaning and purpose in their day. As a Carer in a household, you’ll provide care, companionship, and emotional support to residents to help support their independence and improve their quality of life.
Your care work may include:
- Providing daily living assistance with showering, personal hygiene, dressing, help at mealtimes and with general mobility
- Assisting with medication and simple wound dressings
- Laundry and cleaning and
- Supporting residents in community-based recreational and social activities.
Who we’re looking for
- Ideally, you’ll have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care or Individual Support or an equivalent qualification. If you’re not currently qualified and would like to be, then we can help you get there You’ll have previous experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin your career in aged care if you’re studying or have recently become qualified.
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, and resourceful and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
We’ll create a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
About Uniting Aged Care
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- Other pre-employment screening
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.