Closing:Closing in 3 hours
When you join Coates, you’re joining more than just Australia’s leading equipment hire provider. You’re joining an end-to-end solutions company spanning equipment rental, temporary works engineering, industrial shutdown management and safety training.
Proudly Australian-owned, Coates has a long history of supporting customers to deliver major projects, and an exciting future focused on transformation, innovation and growth. With over 1,500 employees in 150+ locations, we offer diverse and rewarding roles at our nationwide branches, state head offices and corporate office in Sydney.
About the role
A Customer Support Officer is the first point of contact with our customers via the phone.
This role is responsible for identifying customer requirements and applying a solution-based approach to satisfy their need. You will find yourself working collaboratively with our branch network, transport and fleet teams to direct the fulfilment of customer requests.
This role is based in Dandenong, however there may be some flexibility with location for the right candidate. Working with a close and highly skilled team you will gain experience and skills in a diversity of processes, with an onboarding program designed to provide a progressive introduction to the role.
A day in the life of a Customer Support Officer:
- Respond to customer needs via telephone providing exceptional customer service
- Provide customers with product and service information via email or web enquiries
- Source equipment to meet customer needs via our branch network
- Complete administrative duties such as generating hire schedules, invoicing, raising purchase orders
- Coordinate equipment deliveries, transfers, pick-ups, repairs, changeovers and breakdowns
Your skills & experience:
- A love of customer service; you enjoy troubleshooting and resolving issues
- An aptitude for providing customer service – you are an active listener.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A willingness to adapt to changing situations and a continuous improvement approach to your work
- Resilience – you enjoy a challenge and can work autonomously whilst still being part of a team
How we’ll reward you:
As a Coates employee, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Purchased extra leave program
- Supportive and inclusive team culture
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation
As a responsible organisation, we’re on a journey to deliver on our people, planet and profit responsibilities. Our company values – Care deeply, Be our best, Customer-focused and One team – shape everything we do, while our Sustainability Strategy outlines key commitments including:
- Achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040
- Implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in 2022
- Improving gender representation and addressing unconscious bias
- Developing our future female leaders through an annual program
- Supporting our national charities and local communities through the Coates Foundation
To learn more, visit coates.com.au
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited by this opportunity, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Coates is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workforce for all employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Coates. Equipping you for anything.