Location:North West and Hills District
Closing:August 23, 2022
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity for a caring, nurturing and experienced Early Childhood Teacher or Diploma Qualified Educator to become our nominated Supervisor. In this role you will need the ability to inspire, motivate, lead and maintain a positive learning culture for our dedicated and longstanding team of families and educators.
At Uniting Galston Early Learning Centre, we support families with education and care for their children, including a preschool program. We are open long hours for children from birth to five years. This service is approved for 40 children and operating hours are from 7:15am to 6:15pm.
This is a full time 12 month Maternity leave cover position.
What do I need to succeed:
- ACECQA assessed ECT bachelor degree qualification OR Diploma in Early Child Hood Education
- Excellent knowledge of the NQS, EYLF and teaching pedagogy
- Previous experience in a leadership role as Centre Director is highly desirable
- Current first aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Valid Working with Children’s Check
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of governance principles and able to model best practice
- Able to establish, foster and nurture collaborative partnerships with families and our local communities
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We come from a belief that the power of inclusivity and community is the key ingredient to creating an environment where children can grow and flourish.
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.