Location:Multiple Locations, Queensland
Closing:Closing in 3 hours
Multiple opportunities across Queensland.
Are you a recent graduate, or about to graduate, with a degree in environmental management or similar? DES is looking for up to 10 graduates for new environment officer roles across Queensland.
To succeed as an Environmental Officer, you’ll have four things in abundance:
• Great people, time management and communication skills
• Evolved analytical, observational, and problem-solving capability
• A passion to work in your community, for your community
• Confidence in your ability to contribute to a physically and psychologically safe work environment.
Our teams are as unique as the landscape of this state. Together, we bring a tapestry of life experiences that help us to build an environmental legacy for future generations.
If you’re excited by the diversity, and sense of pride that this opportunity affords, read on.
Our roles can be dynamic, exciting and incredibly rewarding. Whatever your job with us, you’ll strive and innovate to achieve a better Queensland. Our role is complex, and our work can be challenging – important work usually is. But your contribution will count, and so will you.
Here at DES, we are committed to working in genuine partnership with Queensland’s First Nations people to achieve stronger outcomes for community and for all people.
For further reading click: Gurra Gurra Framework
- You will contribute to your team by being flexible in the work that you do.
- You’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to day-to-day diversity.
- You may work with others to assess environmental risks, go on site to undertake compliance inspections, educate industry and community members about environmental obligations, interpret and apply legislation, and so much more.
You’ll find the full duties and responsibilities for Environmental Officer (PO2) in the attachments.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be mentored by experienced leaders to continue to develop on the job. In fact, we’ll match your commitment to your growth and development all round.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Build your capability in the disciplines of compliance and assessment.
- Live and work in your community, for your community.
- Launch yourself in a meaningful career in environmental regulation.
You’ll experience so much here. For most of us, it starts with our wonderful people and the rich, diverse perspectives they bring. They’re dedicated, passionate and curious professionals. We’re all different, and those differences are what make us great.
- You’re open to learning new skills and technologies and have a strong safety mindset, that includes both contemporary psychological and physical safety and wellbeing practices.
- You’ll be an emotionally intelligent, collaborative problem solver who is excited to embrace an opportunity to develop their operational and leadership capabilities.
To help determine if this role is right for you, please download all of the attachments and complete the brief quiz before applying.
How to Apply
Provide a short statement (of no more than 1 page) that addresses the following:
- briefly discuss your motivation for applying and describe why you are the best suited person for this role – noting, our department values equity and diversity so please include information that will help us understand how you could contribute to our workforce diversity.
- provide a brief outline of a situation which demonstrates your ability to effectively build enduring relationships with colleagues. Please describe the situation, what actions you took and what the outcome was.
Provide your current resume (up to 4 pages) with:
- Accurate information about your academic history and/or qualifications;
- Your employment history describing your roles, achievements, projects and responsibilities to date; and
- Extracurricular activities, work experience roles and life experiences (e.g., involvement in the community, sports teams, volunteering activities, etc.) highlighting your transferable skills.
There are multiple vacancies available in multiple locations. Please advise on your application your preference of work location.
Suitable applications will remain on file for 12 months and may be considered for other vacancies.