Location:Cairns Region, QLD
Closing:Closing in 2 hours
The role of Executive Assistant is to provide a high level of quality confidential executive and administrative support to the Assistant Director-General, and support duties to all staff in Management and Operations. The successful applicant will constantly be striving for business improvements and will possess the technical skill and expertise to work in a dynamic team.
As the Executive Assistant you will:
• Provide high level communication and administrative support including preparing and providing quality assurance for correspondence and documentation of a diverse nature.
• Have high level organisation skills and can effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at once including the ability to set and meet realistic goals and prioritise tasks.
• Provide accurate and timely information to management and staff on a range ofadministrative matters including general administration and the status of the work being undertaken and work procedures e.g. issuing of invoices and tracking of the progress of payments, correspondence and records management systems.
• Respond positively to change and deliver business improvements by developing and implementing administrative systems.
• Have knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of Departmental administrative procedures, in particular correspondence, reporting, travel management and purchasing systems.
• Foster a workplace culture that supports and promotes the interests of First Nations people and actively engage through our work to contribute to better outcomes for First Nations people.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for the best suited applicant for the role. We’ll do this by assessing your eligibility and your suitability to undertake the requirements of the role (including, where relevant, the way you carried out previous roles). We’ll also consider your potential to make contributions to the department and how your engagement would support our commitment to equity, diversity, respect and inclusion.
This position requires:
• Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills particularly relating to team environment, customer contact and conflict resolution.
• Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of Departmental programs, sites and services and the ability to collate and forward feedback for continuous improvement in service delivery.
• Effective time management skills including the ability to set and meet realistic goals and prioritise tasks.
• Knowledge or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of Queensland legislationthat the department administers and experience in applying it within a public service environment.
• Contribution to workplace equity and diversity that enriches our culture of innovation, respect and inclusion.
To be eligible for employment in this position, you must be an Australian citizen, have permanent residency status or a visa permitting you to work in Australia. If you are not an Australian citizen you will need to provide evidence of your residency status or visa, with your right to work (including any conditions / restrictions) prior to engagement. You are required to notify the department if your right to work in Australia ceases.
There are no mandatory qualifications required to undertake this position.
It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold an unrestricted manual driver’s licence.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/534879/23
Closing Date: Wednesday, 10 January 2024
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.