Closing:Closing in 24 hours
Here at Queensland Rail we believe in investing in our Graduates, our aim is to support and grow you as an individual to help your career in rail get off to the best possible start. Our Graduate Program has seen us voted as one of the Top 75 Graduate Employers in Australia.
South-East Queensland’s (SEQ) public transport and rail network is going through a significant transformation to change the way our public transport rail system will operate into the future such as the implementation of Cross River Rail (CRR) as well as planning for the transport for the 2032 Olympics. We are offering a two year graduate program which would see you rotating through key business groups within our Major Projects Integration team. It is proposed that this opportunity would commence on a fulltime basis late this year. So if you have recently graduated or on track to graduate shortly this is the opportunity for you. Our Major Projects Integration team are responsible for delivering Cross River Rail and the European Train Control system which will transform the way we operate. Learn more about CRR here!
Through your business rotations you will overcome real life challenges and take on meaningful assignments. Your rotations will expose you to a mega multi-disciplinary infrastructure project which will play a critical role in growing our economy and delivering a more reliable transport network for Queenslanders.
Our two year Major Projects Graduate Engineering Program is designed for emerging professional Engineers who know they want to pursue a career in rail and want to know everything about it! This program is designed to help you understand where your skills fit within the different roles that we offer. Throughout your two years as a grad we will partner you with an excellent graduate mentor who will support and guide you through your second year. You’ll also participate in our Essential Skills program, internal networking days with guest speakers, regular site tours + coffee catch ups with executives, volunteering opportunities and access to a graduate development coordinator.
So, why work for us?
• We believe in investing in our people and encouraging their individual passions. You will partner with inspiring mentors, take up professional and personal development opportunities whilst gaining exposure to a diverse range of roles and business areas.
• Do meaningful work. As a Queensland Rail graduate you will get to put your skills and knowledge to the test in a safe, supportive and professional environment.
• Travel. We provide services throughout Queensland and we want our Graduates to experience just how much of Queensland we connect. As a Graduate you’ll have the opportunity to travel and learn across multiple project sites across Queensland.
• We want to prepare you for the future: Which is why we can offer you up to 17.5% superannuation. We want you to become leaders in your own right, through our Essential Skills program we’ll give you the skills to get you started.
Enough about us! About you:
• Degree: You must have completed a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. You must have completed your degree within the last 3 years, by June 2022
• Customer Focused: You will be community and customer focused person who believes in putting their best foot forward every day.
• Think Differently: We want your unique perspective, strong problem solving skills and innovative skills as we rise to meet our future business demands.
• Flexible and Adaptable: No two days are the same here at Queensland Rail, you will need to be adaptable, resourceful and open to constant change.
• Graduate Engineers with Queensland Rail commence on a salary of approximately $66,000 + Superannuation. This salary is reviewed annually based on performance. Other benefits include leave loading, paid parental leave, flexible working opportunities, scheduled pay increases, annual leave buy-out schemes, salary sacrificing and free rail travel when travelling to and from work on the Citytrain network.
Applications for Graduate Engineer positions close on Sunday the 1st of May 2022. From here we will commence shortlisting based on the above criteria. Our process will then involve video screening and panel interviews. Once you’ve applied and applications have closed, you will receive a detailed notice advising next steps.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Graduate Civil Engineer (2559) via our website by clicking onto the “Apply” button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm, Sunday 1st of May 2022.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Natasha Neuendorf with your specific enquiry on 3072 2818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.