Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:March 2, 2024
- Paying $7.87 p/h more than public hospitals & twice as much salary packaging
- Permanent Part Time vacancy, PM shifts, 32 hours per fortnight
- Development/leadership opportunities; supportive multi-disciplinary team
About our facility
Uniting Koombahla Elermore Vale is located in Newcastle’s western suburbs, providing a nurturing and supportive home for local seniors. Our residents have the peace of mind with a support network that’s tailored to suit their individual needs. Care includes clinical and allied health services, full-time nursing care and specialist dementia support.
What you’ll be doing in this role
We are seeking an experienced registered nurse for permanent part time work, 32 hours per fortnight working across Monday & Tuesday afternoons.
- You will be a clinical leader in the service and you will develop, deliver and evaluate resident care plans to meet the individual needs of our residents
- You’ll need sharp clinical assessment skills and will take the lead in providing clinical services
- Get to know each resident and become a fundamental part of their life
- Play an important role in making sure the care provided meets residents’ individual goals
- You’ll liaise with medical and allied health professionals and residents’ family members to advocate for clients’ quality of life
- Supervise and support our Personal Care Workers
- Practice in a holistic way, using your critical decision-making skills to lead the team.
What we offer you
- Above-award pay rates (up to $51.15 per hour) and maximum allowable salary packaging to pay less tax (additional $18,550 tax-free plus regional benefits plus parking)
- Work-life balance with regular shifts and flexible start/finish times to suit you
- A commitment to offer opportunities to grow your career and leadership skills
- Support to develop the skills you need to grow into a Service Manager, Deputy Service Manager, Clinical Nurse Educator as well as other clinical practice, corporate and leadership roles.
- You’ll become part of a community of clinical practitioners that supports you in the continuous development of your clinical practice
For more information on the benefits of being a registered nurse at Uniting, visit our nurse benefits page
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have previous registered nursing experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin a career in aged care if you have nursing experience in the wider health sector.
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, resourceful, a great time manager, and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
- You’ll be committed to contemporary aged care nursing practice.
- You’ll hold a nursing degree with current AHPRA registration.
How to Apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit.
Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About Uniting Aged Care
Our Uniting Household Model of care empowers our residential care teams with freedom to support our residents in ways that help them maintain a sense of meaning and purpose in their day.
Are you ready to make the biggest impact of your professional career?
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.