Benefits and Perks
- Direct, Full Time employment
- Attractive, above award pay rates in accordance with TFIT Production Employees Enterprise Agreement 2019
- On the job training provided
- Regular career development opportunities
- Excellent WHS culture
- Internal promotions encouraged
- Attractive work hours and roster flexibility
About the Role
Due to an increase in stock availability and production increases, we are looking for experienced meat process workers to join the team at our Tamworth facility. These permanent, full time positions are 40 hours per week, with production running from Monday to Saturday with additional overtime when required and paid in addition to the already attractive hourly rate.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Various trimming tasks i.e. pre-trim, rack trimmers etc.
- Various boning tasks i.e. bone shoulder, bone loin etc.
- Operation of various machinery i.e. lidding machine, cryovac etc.
- Use of air-knives
- Various skilled slaughtering tasks i.e. stunning, shackling tongue removal etc.
- Warehouse operators
- Quality assurance control
- Scales operation
- Stock receival and documentation
- Skin/Wool classing
- Skin press operation
- Forklift operation
- General labouring tasks
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in the meat processing industry is favoured but not essential
- Ability to perform work safely under limited supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as individually
- Current Driver’s Licence is preferred, but not essential
A 100% Australian owned and operated Company, Thomas Foods International Tamworth (TFIT) is an industry leader in the small stock processing industry. The plant is one of three meat processing facilities owned and operated by Thomas Foods International and produces lamb & sheep products for domestic and export sale across 80 countries.
Our mission is to feed families globally, through premium quality products, exceptional service, high safety standards and sustainable practices.
Please note, all shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment Health Assessment and Drug Test.