Closing:July 31, 2022
Our Townsville track team is looking for multiple energetic and enthusiastic Trackworkers to join our local Townsville team!
This is an exciting entry-level position to kick-start your rail career and join an expanding busy team that continues to grow.
Our tight-knit Townsville Track Gang is responsible for maintaining our rail network around the Townsville region and beyond with the opportunity to explore QLD as you’ll be required from time to time to work away from your home station.
Benefits of working with Queensland Rail include;
- A sought after 9-day fortnight (who doesn’t want a 3-day weekend every fortnight!)
- Paid training and ongoing support to develop your experience and skills
- We pride ourselves on our Safety Culture, we ‘work safe’ so that everyone goes ‘home safe’
- The opportunity to explore Queensland – use your annual leave and explore this great state! With discounts on rail travel as well as accommodation, travel insurance, theme parks and attractions through QRI Lifestyle
- Generous superannuation scheme including salary packaging and novated leasing options
- Access to our new FITNESS PASSPORT scheme including membership locations across REGIONAL QLD!
- Access to our Young Professionals Development Program – attitude over experience remember!
- Employee Assistance Program with support around topics such as nutrition and finance to name a few!
- To be successful in progressing you MUST hold a current manual C Class Drivers licence
- A hard working nature and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- You must have a strong commitment to safety – your safety and the safety of those around you
- Recent experience in a manual handling or physical role, within a fast paced operational environment
- This role involves some travel, so having the flexibility to travel throughout the regions is also required
- Applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restrictions or sponsorship
- Be part of something special and play your part in the Queensland Rail story – get in touch today
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Trackworker (2767) via our website by clicking onto the “Apply” button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm 2nd of May 2022
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Kye Benson with your specific enquiry on 0498 525 026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.