Location:Hume, Australian Capital Territory
Closing:Closing in 6 hours
You’ve probably heard of Coates or seen our orange hire equipment on job sites around Australia. But we’re more than just scissor lifts and diggers. We’re an end-to-end solutions company operating across five key areas: Equipment Hire; Engineering Solutions; Industrial Solutions; Power & HVAC; and Training.
Located at our Hume Branch, the Trades Assistant is responsible for ensuring equipment is ready for hire, by assisting with the safe and efficient maintenance, service and repair of our extensive range hire equipment. This includes petrol and diesel motors, electronics and hydraulics, as well as some portable equipment, both simple and complex. You will learn the ropes in a supportive, team-orientated environment.
Your new role awaits:
As well as providing a high level of customer service, you will also need to:
• Load and unload equipment from vehicles using safe loading & unloading procedures.
• Perform general yard duties, including cleaning of equipment and facilities to ensure a safe and organised yard.
• General maintenance on site sheds
• Occasional interstate travel to undertake repairs and general maintenance on amenities as requested. Company service vehicle will be provided for this.
• Assist with basic service and repair of non-high-risk equipment in a workshop environment
• Promote a Safety First – Zero Harm safety culture – talk about safety to your colleagues and customers.
What you’ll bring to the role:
As well as having experience in a similar role, ideally you will have the following:
• A current forklift & drivers license.
• Working at heights ticket
• Asbestos card
• White card
• Possess a flexible approach to changes in requirements
• A strong knowledge of and commitment to safety
Bring your flexible, positive attitude to work every day and enjoy being part of a supportive team.
What you’ll get in return:
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy a range of perks and benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration (because we value great work and believe it should be rewarded)
• Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work life with your home life
• Training and development to help build your career and equip you for success.
• Purchased extra leave program if you want some more time to do the things you love
• Discounted hire equipment so you can finally finish that home reno job
• Supportive and inclusive team culture that empowers you to do your best work
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional and confidential counselling and support
• Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation so you can connect to your community
At Coates, we know that people, organisations and communities thrive when everyone feels valued and included. So, we’re proud to be implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and working to continually improve gender representation and the development of our future female leaders via our annual LEAP program. Safety always comes first at Coates. Our safety-driven processes and policies aim to ensure all stakeholders go to work and return home safely to their families and communities.
Ready to apply?
If you’d like to get on the path to success, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. We’re committed to continually increasing the diversity of our workforce, including leadership levels. We actively encourage all people to apply.
Coates. Equipped for you