About the Affinity’s Trainee Educator Program
Affinity Education Group (AEG) is one of Australia’s largest early childhood education providers. At Affinity, we proudly do things differently. Our mission is to inspire and nurture individuals to reach their full potential. It isn’t just about what we do for children, it’s about what we do for our team, too. Every day, at more than 160 childcare centres around Australia, we support quality, teamwork, training opportunities and a culture of recognition and reward. Affinity allows our people to shine – so we can deliver the best in early education.
As Australia’s most dynamic early learning business, we have been quickly revolutionising our industry through our Lifelong Learning approach, Quality Team, Healthy Children program, technology and facilities upgrades. The latest innovation is an Industry first and one of our proudest achievements to date.
Affinity’s goal is to create a new pathway for individuals wanting to commence a career as an early childhood educator. Affinity’s Trainee Educator Program enables you to work in a centre of your choice, while studying to earn your Certificate III in ECE. It is ideally suited to people who would rather work in the industry and study the relevant qualification at the same time.
The Benefits of the Affinity Pathway
- Earn wages while studying and in a job that is in your chosen career path. No delivering pizzas for you!
- A guaranteed minimum of 15 hours per week paid (minimum 20 hours in WA)
- All your practical work experience components of your qualification are covered at the Affinity centre where you work.
- Have your course fees fully paid for by Affinity.
- A guaranteed ongoing permanent position with Australia’s fastest growing early childhood education group.
- Fantastic, industry-leading benefit and incentives on offer.
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development, coaching and career progression.
- After much soul searching you know your future is as a teacher educating children in their early formative years.
- Committed to caring for children of all ages, cultures, socio-economic and individual backgrounds.
- Able to contribute to a friendly, smooth and continuously improving centre environment, where children feel safe and families feel welcome.
- Passionate about creating exciting and stimulating children’s learning environments.
- A collaborative, empathetic and conciliatory individual who thrives on working in a team environment.
- Engaging and communicative, you thrive in community-based environments as you have a friendly and courteous nature.
- Aware of the importance in maintaining health and safety standards, and risk minimisation.
- A current Working with Children check or the ability to obtain it
- Access to transport to and from the centre.
From day one as a new trainee educator you will work as a part of a team to educate and care for children at one of our Affinity centres. You will work in a close-knit, supportive environment who value being connected to their local community as well as enjoying a sense of fun and team spirit.
Laugh, learn and grow every day, as you support our Lead Educator / Educational Leader in delivering excellence in early childhood education and care.
As you progress through your career pathway towards a fully qualified educator, your duties and responsibilities will grow as you gain more experience and skills. On this journey you will be coached and mentored by our industry-leading development coaches (trainers), lead educators and centre managers.
|Milestones Early Learning Darwin City||34 Daly Street, Darwin City, Northern Territory, 0800||Milestones Early Learning Darwin City|
|Milestones Early Learning Leanyer||1 Baroalba Street, Leanyer, Northern Territory, 0812||Milestones Early Learning Leanyer|
|Milestones Early Learning Palmerston||15 Hutchison Terrace, Palmerston, Northern Territory, 0831||Milestones Early Learning Palmerston|
|Milestones Early Learning Wagaman||29 Wagaman Terrace, Wagaman, Northern Territory, 0810||Milestones Early Learning Wagaman|