Trainee Sales Merchandise
Location: Boort, Victoria, Australia
- Paid to learn opportunity with full time hours
- You’ll receive training on our Ag products and services that support farmers and rural producers in the region
- Boort, VIC location
At Nutrien Ag Solutions, our purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
For over 150 years, our business has been integral to the Australian agricultural industry. We are committed to providing quality local advice, knowledge and expertise for customers and helping feed Australia’s future. With a national network of more than 700 locations, Nutrien Ag Solutions is one of the largest agribusinesses operating in Australia.
We are currently offering an exciting full-time opportunity for a Trainee Sales junior to join our Boort branch. With our broad network and global brand, you’ll have some of the best exposure available to the agriculture industry experts and local farming community.
About the Opportunity:
Boort, Victoria has a diverse and extensive agricultural landscape. Reporting to the Branch Manager you will be trained and mentored in sales and administration support including:
- Receive training on our products and services so you can provide solutions to clients, and assist with pricing and product queries
- Receive training to perform general administrative tasks including stock control, ordering, receipting, and dispatching of goods
- Receive training in how to process counter sales
- Receive training on our safety processes
- Receive basic understanding of our complete rural business incorporating Agronomy, Rural merchandising & irrigation, Livestock, Wool, Rural real estate & Insurance
You’ll have a passion for Australian farming and agriculture, together with an eagerness to learn new skills. In addition, you will demonstrate:
- Effective verbal communications skills to build solid long-term customer relationships
- A proactive approach to work and practical organisation skills
- Problem solving skills and empathy to resolve customer issues promptly
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- A current driver’s license is essential
Are you a good match?
We believe that our diverse workforce is a key strength of our business and we aim to attract the best talent to achieve our strategic goal of being the leading Australian Agribusiness and Employer of Choice in our sector. Our leaders create inclusive teams and value the individual contributions of our employees. We champion Australian agriculture and lead the way in innovation and investment in the future of farming.
If you are determined to make a difference and want to join a diverse organisation offering the opportunity to gain exposure to Australia’s key growth industry, click on the APPLY button. To find out more about Nutrien Ag Solutions go to https://www.nutrienagsolutions.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies, you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.