As Australia’s largest not-for-profit private health insurer, our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric.
We’re proud to be home to 1300 employees within our head office location in Sydney, our Australian call centres and our growing network of branches and dental centres across the country.
With over 85 years of heritage in Australia, we’re committed to investing in the health and happiness of both our members and people. We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
We’re always seeking talented and diverse individuals to join us. Our people bring different experiences, views and abilities to an inclusive environment where they’re valued and respected. At HCF we have opportunities in a variety of areas such as our dental and eyecare network, call centres, claims, sales and administration teams.
Uncommon Care just makes common sense to us. It’s at the heart of who we are and what we do. Being not for profit means we behave differently to the other health funds. We put people before profit and are committed to delivering care and support for our members throughout their life’s journey. We’ll be there when they need us most
We want to satisfy the needs of Australians by making health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer-centric.
Our mission is to be the partner of choice in enabling people to care for their health.
We live and breathe our values of customer focus, integrity, personal accountability, innovation and strong teamwork. These values inspire us towards continuous improvement and the empowerment of our people.
We care about your health
As a health organisation, we deeply care about the wellbeing of our people and have a range of initiatives that we’re really proud of. Programs like Victor Chang Heart Health Check Booths and Healthy Weight for Life empower Australians to live a healthier life. We also contribute to long-term developments in the health sector through providing over $19.7 million towards our HCF Research Foundation and supporting health tech start-ups through our HCF Catalyst Program.
Working at HCF
HCF is one of Australia’s largest and fastest-growing health funds. By working at HCF you’ll become part of a friendly, dynamic team that prides itself on being different from other health funds. We’re different because we’re a not-for-profit fund that puts its members’ interests first. This is why we’re able to consistently return more in member benefits than other funds.
Making a difference through our people
We’re also different in the way we value and develop our staff. We know that the continued success of HCF depends on attracting and retaining staff members that believe in our core values and our mission to be different from other health funds.
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish.
We care about the wellbeing of our people just as much as we care about the wellbeing of our members. We’ll offer many benefits to ensure your mental and physical health is optimised, such as:
- Discounted health insurance
- Friends and Family Day
- Five days paid hospital leave in addition to your sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Discounted gym membership
- Paid parental leave
- Study assistance
- Novated leasing
- Salary continuance insurance
- Various insurance options
- Flexible working options
Learning and development
We continuously invest in our people and want them to be the best that they can be. We’ll support your professional development through online training programs, workshops, on-the-job learning and opportunities to gain qualifications. We’ll also support further study through giving you paid study leave and can even help pay for your course fees (pending eligibility).
If you want to share in the exciting journey, explore further and discover what we can offer you, apply for one of our roles today!
We Celebrate Diversity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive, supportive and respectful workplace by providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We promote and celebrate employee differences in gender, gender identity, sexuality, race, beliefs, age and abilities. We actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Employee Reference Groups
We have established voluntary Employee Reference Groups (ERG’s) which are employee-led groups that serve as a resource for our organisation to foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with our mission, values, goals and business practices.
We have four main focus groups listed below:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Our ERGs play many different roles including:
- Provide a source of mentors, roles models, sponsors and connections
- Provide access to information about career strategies, opportunities, and advancement
- Serve as influential and trusted advisors to People and Culture and organisation leadership on workplace issues, opportunities, and solutions.
- Partner with business leaders to develop new products and better understand and serve members and the community.
- Create an open forum for employees who share common interests/concerns to meet and support one another in creatively addressing those concerns
- Provide a resource to leadership regarding employee/community issues, needs and policies
- Represent HCF at a range of forums and networks
- They advance a respectful and caring community
Each group has a representative who feeds into the Diversity and Inclusion Council.
Our overall aim is to create a workplace where a diversity of people experience:
- Being valued and respected for who they are in their working environment.
- Feeling connected to and accepted by their co-workers
- Having opportunities to develop their career and progress
- Contributing their talents to our organisation.
There are currently no jobs available
Unfortunately there are currently no positions available at HCF, please check back soon.