Learning and development
- Investment in you!
- Individual career development programs developed annually for staff
- Study assistance program
- Best practice learning and development opportunities
Remuneration and flexibility
- Attractive remuneration and work/life balance options such as 50/52 or 48/52 work arrangements
- Child friendly flexibility and assistance
- Strong reward and recognition
- Salary banding hourly and weekly rates
Culture and community
- An inclusive culture, our CEO updates staff regularly
- Opportunities to make a real difference in your community
- We value and facilitate diversity
- Commitment to health and wellbeing of staff such as “HOW” – Healthy Organisation Workgroup
- Commitment to continuous improvement, innovation and new ideas
- A community conscience through the work we do and through other initiatives such as donation drives
- Celebration and recognition of achievements and events
- Our reputation as one of the best Councils to work for in Victoria!
- Staff discount programs including: Municipal Association of Victoria’s discount private health insurance program, reduced leisure centre memberships and local business discounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program, for staff and their family members
- Opportunities for leave without pay for purposes such as travel, domestic circumstances, career development, private study tour
- An active social club
Indigenous employment program
In partnership with Department of Education Employment Workplace Relations, the Steps to the future program was developed to improve employment opportunities in Gippsland.
The program is not limited to any particular industry or region in Gippsland and both private and public sector employers participate.
The program offers:
- Pre-employment training
- Wage assistance
- Cross-cultural training
- Mentor and support
Secondary school work experience
Latrobe City Council is committed to providing youth in our community work experience opportunities. Contact the Baw Baw Latrobe LLEN 5633 2868 or visit http://workplacements.education.vic.gov.au/llens/bblllen
The Application for Work Placement with Latrobe City(DOCX, 62KB) form will also need to be completed and returned to Baw Baw Latrobe.
For more information phone Jenni Graham on 5633 2868 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) state-wide website visit www.workplacements.education.vic.gov.au
Early childhood student placements
Latrobe City Council considers requests for early childhood work placements.