Location:Brisbane - East, Cairns region - Flexible, Townsville region, Mackay region, Rockhampton region, QLD
Closing:Closing in 7 hours
The Opportunity The Great Barrier Reef and Marine Parks Region (the Region) are looking for an enthusiastic Administration Officer with strong scribing / minute taking skills, high attention to detail, and good written / report writing skills. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing direct administrative support for recruitment and selection activities, and co-ordinating the Region’s Correspondence workflow / mailbox.
Having attention to detail, ability to transcribe information into structured reports/correspondence, and a natural ability to communicate effectively with staff and stakeholders will ensure your success in this role. You will also be required to undertake generalist administration tasks as required to support the broader Administration team.
Passionate, positive, down to earth people
Working as part of a broader team which provides a wide range of administrative, financial and human resources support to the Great Barrier Reef region requires someone who is organised, has high level stakeholder/community engagement experience, administration, reporting, and computer skills as well as a positive can-do attitude!
Opportunities to learn, discover and grow
The core responsibility of this role is to provide administrative support for recruitment and selection activities within the Great Barrier Reef and Marine Parks Region (the Region). This will include, but not be limited to: scribing for interviews conducted; preparing draft recruitment and selection reports; preparing and consolidating supporting materials and templates; arranging logistics for interview processes (eg, booking candidates); co-ordinating referee checks. In addition to the above, this role will also be responsible for co-ordinating the Region’s Correspondence workflows and shared mailbox. This will include, but not be limited to: reviewing incoming items and assigning workflows to the responsible officer / area; monitoring timelines to ensure the Region meets requirements; undertaking first level of quality assurance for outgoing correspondence; liaising with internal / external parties to provide updates and negotiate timelines when required.
A collaborative, innovative environment
As a Queensland Parks and Wildlife employee, you will receive competitive remuneration and have access to:
• A wellness program;
• Generous superannuation;
• Flexible work arrangements;
• Career training and development; and
• Salary packaging.
• Demonstrated high level written communication skills including advanced knowledge of contemporary computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively, concisely, professionally prepare and edit all forms of documentation including but not limited to email, official correspondence, reports and presentations; with a focus on attention to detail.
• Demonstrated skills in administrative support including organisation, efficient use of resources, diary management, problem solving skills and a logical approach to achieve outcomes whilst delivering professional, high level customer service.
• You will undertake a diverse range of confidential administration support services.
• You will have a proven ability to independently prioritise and organise your work and will be a professional, confident communicator.
• Contribution to workplace equity and diversity that enriches our culture of innovation, respect and inclusion.
To be considered:
Lodge an application online at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au that consists of the following:
• your current resume of no more than 4 pages
• a short 2 page statement that briefly describes why you are the best suited person for this role–noting, our department values equity and diversity so please include information that will help us understand how you could contribute to our workforce diversity.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.