Location:Belmont, Western Australia
Closing:Closing in 24 hours
You’ve probably heard of Coates or seen our orange hire equipment on job sites around Australia. But we’re more than just scissor lifts and diggers. We’re an end-to-end solutions company operating across five key areas: Equipment Hire; Engineering Solutions; Industrial Solutions; Power & HVAC; and Training. At Coates, we understand that we’re nothing without great people. So, you don’t just work for us, we work for you. We’re here to support and equip you with great training and development, flexible work options and a positive team environment to help you build your career from the ground up or take it to the next level.
Your new role awaits:
As a Coates Trades Assistant at our Belmont branch, you will be responsible for the cleaning and inspection tasks of equipment at the branch. This includes some minor repairs and adjustments and the use of test instruments. The role is responsible for the reporting of equipment damage and ensuring equipment is ready, fit for purpose and safe for hire. In addition, a Trades Assistant is a supporting role to the workshop mechanics/electricians to enable them to focus on equipment repairs and more complex tasks.
• Check and control equipment (inbound & outbound) as it comes in and out of the yard inclusive of the spotting function
• Perform basic inspection checks and minor repairs of equipment at the branch following the Coates Maintenance program
• Assist in keeping workshop and service area clean, tidy and safe
• Maintain Equipment with Inbounding on Return and Washing
This role is perfect if you are mechanically minded, enjoy fixing equipment and a trade qualification is in your career plans. As well as having amazing customer service skills and a Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will have:
• Current drivers & forklift high risk license
• Good verbal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Intermediate computer skills, time management & organisational skills
• Be physically fit and knowledgeable about safety standards
• Mechanical equipment knowledge is desirable
• Familiarisation with Take 5’s and JSEA’s
What you’ll get in return:
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy a range of perks and benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration (because we value great work and believe it should be rewarded)
• Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work life with your home life
• Training and development to help build your career and equip you for success.
• Purchased extra leave program if you want some more time to do the things you love
• Discounted hire equipment so you can finally finish that home reno job
• Supportive and inclusive team culture that empowers you to do your best work
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional and confidential counselling and support
At Coates, we know that people, organisations and communities thrive when everyone feels valued and included. So, we’re proud to be implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and working to continually improve gender representation and the development of our future female leaders via our annual LEAP program. Safety always comes first at Coates. Our safety-driven processes and policies aim to ensure all stakeholders go to work and return home safely to their families and communities.
Ready to apply?
If you’d like to get on the path to success, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. We’re committed to continually increasing the diversity of our workforce, including leadership levels. We actively encourage all people to apply.
Coates. Equipped for you